At Foundation Christian College, the Kindergarten and Pre-primary programme is built around the following understandings:
- A natural curiosity about their physical, social and technological world.
- Strong desire to make sense of their world Represent and communicate their experiences and understandings through language and various arts forms.
- Construct and review their understandings through interaction with others Display increasing sophistication and control over their own learning.
- Learn through play and experimentation, observation, manipulation and exploration of objects, materials and technologies, physical movement and other phenomena.
- Need to discuss, describe, label, classify, communicate and represent their observations and experiences in ways which are meaningful to them.