Foundation Christian College is a co-educational, non-denominational, K-12 College with over 520 students located in the beautiful Peel region.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for the following full-time permanent position in Secondary School commencing in Term Three, 2020.
Secondary Mathematics Teacher (1.0 FTE)
Term 3, 2020 onwards
Foundation Christian College is seeking the services of an enthusiastic and experienced Secondary School Mathematics Teacher, preferably with the ability to teach the Year 11 & 12 ATAR course of study. The ideal applicant may demonstrate potential leadership in this curriculum area. Graduates are welcome to apply.
Foundation Christian College has a friendly, professional team of staff who provide a supportive work culture and a positive and inspiring work environment. We are passionate about supporting every student to set and achieve their personal learning goals by achieving to the best of their ability through our quality education and effective learning processes. Our pedagogy is driven by student-learning and student-engagement. We adopt a balanced approach between teacher-directed and student-centred learning.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications as a Secondary Mathematics Teacher including experience with the WA & Australian Curriculum or a similar Secondary School Curriculum.
- All applicants must be registered to teach in Western Australia with the TRBWA (Teacher Registration Board), have a current Federal Police Clearance and Working with Children Check.
Essential Characteristics & Attributes:
- Passionate about living out your Christian faith
- Prepared to model, uphold and support the ethos of the College and its Core Values
- Enthusiastic about impacting the lives of young children
- Committed to engaging in the education of the whole child: socially, emotionally, spiritually and academically
- Innovative and creative
- Committed to lifelong learning and have a passion for teaching
- Relational with strong interpersonal skills
- Willing to be a productive member of our team and to work collegially with the other members of the team
- Understand the balance between teacher-directed and student-centred learning
- Naturally well-organized and proactive
- Well-versed and experienced in working within the WA & Australian Curricula
- An Australian resident and eligible to work in Australia.
Excited by the possibilities? Complete the Teacher Application form above.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 4:00 pm, 4 June 2020