We have a heart to see students develop to be the best they can be in Christ. We have a strong focus on Student Development, Pastoral Care and Academic rigour to ensure children will flourish during their time at the College, and in every area, they pursue after graduation.
We know every child has their own unique abilities, gifts and strengths, so we provide an engaging delivery of the required curriculum to help them realise their full and unlimited potential. We want each child to do their best. We want them to be the best person they can be, the best brother, the best sister, the best husband, the best wife, the best worker, etc.
A big part of this is to ensure that our students are well-equipped for the 21st Century and in order to fulfil this, we need to focus on developing the students’ self-esteem, confidence, resilience, servant-heart and leadership capabilities.
We encourage students to be part of our Student Development Program that is all about helping our students become great people. We have many different leadership roles including: Head Boy & Head Girl, Student Council Representatives, House Captains and Service Team Leaders, mentoring younger students; coaching student sport teams and coordinating sport and social events.
In 2021, we are introducing some exciting new opportunities for Student Development in both the Primary and Secondary School.
Our aim is to provide a variety of different leadership roles and service roles across the College from Year 3 to Year 12. Traditionally, the College has had a Head Boy and Head Girl from Year 12, two Student Council representatives from each year level (Year 6 to 12) and eight House Captains elected from Year 7 to 12. You can see from the list below, we have increased the number of opportunities for student development across both the Secondary School and the Primary School.
PRIMARY SCHOOL STUDENT LEADERSHIP POSITIONS FOR 2021
- NEW Primary Prefects (x 4) – Head Girl and Boy and Deputy Girl and Boy
- NEW Primary Student Council (x 8) – Two Class Representatives from Year 3, 4, 5 & 6 (Note: The four Prefects along with the eight Primary Student councillors will form the Student Council of which there are twelve members.)
- Primary House Captains (x 8) – A male and female Captain for each House: Banksia, Jarrah, Tuart and Wattle.
- NEW Primary Service Leaders (x 10) – Service Teams will be formed to assist in various areas in the Primary School.
SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENT LEADERSHIP POSITIONS FOR 2021
- Year 12 Head Boy & Head Girl (x 2)
- NEW Year 11 Deputy Head Boy & Head Girl (x 2)
- NEW Year 11 & 12 Senior School Prefects (x 8)
- Secondary Student Council (x 12) – Two Class Representatives from Year 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12 (Note: The Head Boy & Girl and Deputy Head Boy & Girl are a part of this group in a leadership role to make the sixteen members.)
- NEW Year 10 Student Mentors (x 2) for each home class
- NEW Year 9 Student Mentors (x 2) for each home class
- NEW Year 8 Student Mentors (x 2) for each home class
- NEW Year 7 Student Mentors (x 2) for each home class
These new roles will significantly increase the opportunities for leadership across each year level from Year 3 to Year 12. There will be other Service Team roles that the students will be expected to take part in. We are excited about the impact these changes will have upon the students.
Mr Orlando dos Santos has been appointed as our Staff and Student Development Coordinator and Mr Clinton King has been appointed as the Primary Student Development Coordinator, and they will work with the staff and leadership team and oversee these new roles.